WHY STUDY IN CANADA
Australian universities are recognized worldwide for the quality of teaching, research and graduate employment. The popular study destinations excel in areas like science, technology, business, education and humanities. Students have an option at every level of study in Australia be it bachelors, graduate certificates, diplomas, masters or a doctorate. The Australian Universities provide an environment that promotes innovation, independent thought and creativity.
You need to apply for your Student Visa for Australia through the Department of Home Affairs online lodging facility, then you will need the details of your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment to lodge your visa application.
Visa Documents and other Requisites
- Maintain a satisfactory academic performance.
- Not work more than 40 hours per fortnight while studying.
You can, however, work full-time during vacation.
- Satisfy the course requirements and maintain a valid enrolment.
- Attend at least 80% of the classes.
- Maintain health insurance for the duration of stay in Australia.
- Prove yourself to be a genuine temporary entrant (GTE) which means
that you need to show you are coming to Australia temporarily to gain
a quality education
Student Visa Conditions
- Valid Passport
- Completed Form 157 A
- Completed Form 956A
- Visa application fees of AUD 575 payable to Australian High Commission (Subject to change)
- Letter of Offer / Provisional Acceptance (Original and Copy) issued by the Australian Educational Institution for a full-time course. The institution should be registered with CRICOS to offer courses to an overseas student.
- Educational Testimonials (Mark Sheets and Certificates). All copies should be Notary Attested.
- IELTS/TOEFL/PTE scorecard
- Resume & detailed statement of purpose
- Work Experience Documents (If any)
- Evidence of Payment (COE) of First-Semester Tuition Fees and Overseas Student Health Insurance Cover (OSHC)
- Referral Letter (HAP ID)
- Evidence of your / your parent’s financial support (even where another sponsor is supporting the application)
- A Letter from the Sponsor. Affidavit of Support (original and notary attested copies on stamp paper) which should include:
- Income Tax Return (of last three years)
- Details of the sponsors’ other dependents
- The sponsors’ relationship with you
- Personal bank statement of the sponsor
- Any other documents about financial standing
While International students study in Australia mostly on a full fee paying basis, the Australian Government and many Australian institutions offer their own scholarships to international students. Government-funded Australian scholarships for international students.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS) – Scholarships to study in Australia for students of all degree levels (bachelors, masters, PhD) hailing from selected countries within the Asia-Pacific region, Africa and the Middle East.
- Destination Australia awards – Over 1,000 scholarships of up to AU$15,000 per student per year are available to both domestic and international students to study at all study levels at universities in regional Australia.
- Research Training Program (RTP) – Postgraduate-level Australian scholarships for domestic and international students to study a research degree at a participating Australian university.
- Australia Awards Scholarships(AWS): For people from developing countries to undertake undergraduate and post graduate programs at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions. The scholarship benefits generally include: full tuition fees, return air travel, establishment allowance, contribution to living expenses (CLE), Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), etc.
- Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship Awards(for Masters or PhD)
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS)for students to undertakea postgraduate research qualification in Australia covering tuition fees and health cover costs.
- University of Sydney International Research Scholarships(For Post Graduate studies)
- Macquarie University International Scholarships– For outstanding students in undergraduate or post graduate programs
- University of Melbourne Graduate & Undergraduate Research Scholarships.
- Adelaide Scholarships International (University of Adelaide)
- Flinders International Postgraduate Scholarships (for Research Masters or Research Doctorate).
There are certain institution scholarships which do not require an application; you will be automatically considered when you apply for your course, if you are eligible.
LocationIt lies in the southern hemisphere so the weather seasons are opposite to that of India. Australia has five of the 30 best cities in the world for students to live in based on student mix, affordability, quality of life, and employment opportunities. The capital of Australia is Canberra.
Education systemAustralia is one of the top study destinations with an excellent education system. Some colleges and universities are publicly funded, while others are privately supported. Australia has 39 universities, 37 out of which are public and two are private. With 8 out of 120 World’s Top Universities and 5 out of 30 Best Student Cities in the World, Australia is home to over 1100 institutions offering a wide range of programs.35 Australian universities are among the world’s best-ranked universities. Most of the best colleges in the country are situated in cities like Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.Australia has the third-highest number of international students in the world after the United Kingdom and the United States. Australia’s national quality assurance system is unique in its structure and rigor.
LifestyleAustralians are known to be friendly and helpful people, with a great sense of humor. Australia is considered one of the most competitive nations on Earth. This covers all areas of life including the workplace. While English is Australia’s national language, there are certain words and expressions that have come to be regarded as uniquely Australian through common usage. Some of them might seem strange to non-Australians. Australians love their sport, both playing it and watching it. The most loved sports in Australia include Australian football, rugby, and cricket. This relatively benign climate has resulted in a country where people spend a good deal of time outdoors at beaches, in the countryside or on sporting fields as either spectators or participants.
Stay PermitsNow Adelaide, Perth and Gold Coast are classified as regional by the federal government. This allows the cities’ university graduates an additional year of post-study work rights (PSWR). Also, the graduates in Darwin city can stay for two more years and Ph.D. graduates can stay up to six years. Even after receiving the regional status for migration, all cities other than Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane will not be entitled to the Destination Australia scholarships. Only areas classified as ‘Inner Regional Australia’ to ‘Very Remote Australia’ remain eligible for Destination Australia. Darwin as the only capital city which has access to both the scholarship scheme and an additional two years of PSW. There were nearly 589,000 Indian immigrants living in Australia in 2017. They represent the second-largest immigrant group by country of origin, after China. Almost one-third of all Indian immigrants reside in Victoria.
Popular Colleges UniversitiesThe top universities in Australia are The Australian National University, The University of New South Wales, The University of Melbourne, The University of Western Sydney, and Monash University (in no particular order). The area of New South Wales on the east coast of Australia is the centre of all its renowned academic institutes. Most of the best colleges in the country are situated in cities like Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne, and Perth. Information Technology and Information System, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil and Structural Engineering, Planning and Architecture, Accounting, Master of Business Administration (MBA), Health Care, Information Technology, and Hotel Management are the preferred courses Indian students pursue in Australia.
Safety in AustraliaAustralia is a multicultural society that welcomes people from other cultures, countries, and backgrounds. While the majority of Indian students studying in Australia have a positive experience of living and studying in Australia, there were incidents of assault as well as of robbery during 2009 and 2010, which affected not only Indian students.
WeatherAustralia is diverse in its geography and climate. The country is located in the southern hemisphere. This means Australia’s summer starts in December and winter begins in June. Nearly a third of Australia is in the tropics where the average temperatures are in the mid 20 degrees Celsius. The southern areas are in a temperate zone.
Yes, degrees from Australian institutions are accepted worldwide and known for their quality of education.
Yes, 10+2+3 system is accepted by Australian universities for master’s programs.
The gap is accepted only if it is justifiable with proper supporting documents.
CRICOS is Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students. As an international student on a student visa, you have to study with an institution and in a course that is registered on CRICOS as this registration assures that the course and the institution at which you want to study meets the high standards expected by international students to study in Australia.
All students under 18 years of age must have welfare arrangements in place for the duration of their stay in Australia until they turn to the age of 18.
All students with subclass 500 visa are allowed to work 40 hours per fortnight and full-time during vacations. Doctorate students can work full-time throughout the year.
Yes, there are internships in Australia but for selective courses. Internships for international students in Australia may be paid or unpaid depending on the industry and the length of placement. Internships provide a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the area of your study.
There are many consumer protection and support services available for international students. These services may be provided directly by institutions or by state, territory and federal government departments.
As an international student, you need to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the entire duration of your study in Australia. Along with OSHC you can also consider purchasing private health insurance for items that your OSHC does not cover.
The student visa requirements depend on your course of study and certain other significant requirements like an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate, Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement, sufficient funds, English language proficiency, health and character requirements and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).